Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Packing up

Last weekend my mom and my grandma came to visit. First, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and hit up the Marina and Lake Padden.

And then we got to work.

This bookshelf...

and this desk...

used to hold this stuff.


At the end of the weekend, mom and grandma drove south with all the bags pictured above, plus the desk, some stuff from under my bed, three chairs and a christmas tree stand.

Did I mention I am moving?

In a little over a month I am moving 273 miles south back to my hometown for the last part of my grad program, a ten-week intership. I have conflicting feelings about leaving. I have loved living in Bellingham for a variety of reasons and there are lots of people/places I will miss dearly. On the other hand, I am ready to put some serious mileage between me and WWU.

Right now the trickiest part of moving is trying to keep my place looking halfway decent while I try to peddle my apartment on craigslist. I had to do a little rearranging with the newly vacant bookshelf.

Vending apartments on craigslist has been a whole different adventure, but that is a blog post for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh,your first home! Nice to have new places and adventures to move on to. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete