Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

M.I.A.


Hey guys, it's been a while.

In fact, it has been such a long while that I feel I should explain my hiatus. In short, as soon as my husband's plane landed in SEA-TAC International Airport one month minus one day ago, we went off-grid.

Armed with Peter's new Canon Rebel T2i and the kind of unbridled happiness only people who love each other madly but spend way to much time apart can sustain, we trekked all over Maui, Portland, Bellingham, Vancouver, B.C. and Seattle.

The last four weeks have been fantastic. If I could have somehow suspended the passage of time and froze myself there I would have, gladly. But alas, I couldn't and I wasn't. As I write, Peter is in Fort Hood preparing for in-processing and I am in Bellingham actively dreading the impending start of my second year of grad school. Lame.

To refocus, there are so many good stories from the last month's worth of adventuring. If I still had a week left of summer vacation that wasn't dedicated to studying for my comprehensive exams I would tell all of them. But I don't. So, over the course of the next few days I will condense our travels into a series of photo-journals.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment