Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Portland

Alright, vacation mini-series part II.

From Maui, we flew to Portland for five days (ish)to spend some quality time with friends and family. Also, we ate a lot of really good food...

like peach pie



and meatballs.



One of the best parts of the weekend was going to Brain Tumor Walk to be a part of Nicole's team the Midnight Angels. The turnout for the event was fantastic and Nicole's team was huge! We cut a pretty impressive swath of blue in the sea of mostly white shirts. And, our team won lunch for fundraising the most. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the event.













I first wrote about Nicole in this post. I wish I could say that her situation has improved drastically since I wrote it, but it hasn't. Things have gotten more difficult lately. If you have a spare moment, think a happy thought of healing and comfort and send it toward Nicole. You can never have too many happy thoughts.

Another big thing we did in Portland was have an open house out at my parents house. It was a rousing success. We got to see a lot of friends and family that we hadn't seen in a long while. And once again, we ate a lot of good food.











The last exciting thing we did in Portland was meet Sylvi and Cody's new baby Gemma! In general I don't like babies very much (full disclosure; they scare me), but Gemma is so precious and beautiful and sleepy that I am making an exception.





Welcome to the world little friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment