Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Maui

As promised, here is the first installment of the Kristi/Peter summer vacation mini-series.

The day after Peter flew in from Korea we took of for the radiant island of Maui. Back when Peter's leave was scheduled for July, I planned the trip to the great state of Hawaii with my mom and my grandma. Rather than cancel it when his leave dates were changed to August, Peter and I booked our own cottage and rolled with it.

Our cabin


The garden


All we had to do was cross this street...


to get to this beach


Grandma and Mom spent most of the time alternating between reading on the beach and reading in the gardens (I come from a long line of book enthusiasts,) but Peter had never been to Hawaii to everyday we took the rental car and went exploring. Here are some of the places we went

Lahaina






Haleakala (Volcano)




Iao Valley




Various stops along the road to Hana















2 comments:

  1. That must've been a pretty awesome vacation. I've never been to Hawaii but I'm dying to go after seeing those pictures! Glad you guys had a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing. Hawaii is so beautiful it makes everything feel magical. I highly recommend it, especially in August because that is considered the off-season and flights/hotels are cheaper.

    ReplyDelete