Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Awkward Neighbor Situation: Resolution

If you read this post, you know that I have been dealing with smelly, carcinogenic neighbor fumes. If you read this post, you know that smoker neighbor has been intermittently absent. If you did not read either of those posts, this is what the outside of my building looked like at the time of earlier postings.



However, this is what the outside of my building looks like as of today.



That's right, smoker neighbor has not only left his balcony, he has vacated the premises entirely.

I discovered the happy news two weeks ago. It was 7:25am on a Thursday and I was heading out to catch my ride to the train station to leave for Hillsboro. I was in a hurry, but I paused to investigate the packet of papers laying on smoker neighbor's doorstep. I stopped reading after "Thanks for choosing Apex! Please note your lease ends on August 10th at noon. All your belonging must be out of the apartment at that time." I didn't have time for shouting and dancing, but I smiled a toothy grin on my way out.

Even after reading it with my very own two eyes, I was hesitant to accept the move-out date as fact. But, when August 10th rolled around, the balcony was empty and on my way back in from the gym I caught a glimpse of who I can only assume was smoker neighbor heading to the elevator with a box. I can only assume it was smoker neighbor because he left from the apartment next to me and he had blondish-colored hair.

Truthfully, I would not recognize smoker neighbor if he passed me on the street. I only ever caught glimpses of his profile sneakily through my blinds way back when I was trying to figure out where the smoke was coming from. He could have a pink unicorn tattoo on his left cheek for all I know. It might even look like this one.



I digress.

Anyway, I am content to enjoy a secondhand-smoke-free existence in the comfort of my home. I plan on hanging onto the diplomatic solutions I cooked up for my new neighbor and whatever obnoxious vice he/she may have.

1 comment:

  1. what?! this is incredibly exciting news and i cannot believe you didn't tell me sooner! so i was right that he moved out...but technically i wasn't right because he moved out way after i said he did.

    and whatever happened to the bomb?

    ReplyDelete