Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Awkward Neighbor Situation: Update

Hang on to your hats people, I might be telepathic. I may also have a cyber-stalker.

Let me explain. It has been approximately ten days since my senses have been assaulted by my neighbor's toxic cigarette smoke. If you read this post, you may note that ten days ago roughly corresponds to the day after I wrote about the issue. Creepy huh?

The way I see it, there are a few viable possibilities here.

1. I am telepathic and my aura of hate projected through the wall I share with smoker neighbor, causing him to inexplicably quit smoking. Ultimately, the fear of my wrath being stronger than his nicotine addiction.

2. Smoker neighbor,who I have never spoken to and would not recognize if I passed him on the street, somehow stumbled on my blog, recognized my schematic of our balconies and was shamed into quitting.

3. Smoker neighbor went on vacation, but will be back to taunt me soon.

4. Smoker neighbor is in the process of moving and for once, the strategy of "ignoring the problem until it goes away" actually worked. [Note, this possibility is substantiated by Jamie claiming to see boxes stacked in smoker neighbors apartment via the glass door leading to the balcony... I haven't tried to look in yet, but as of now the smoking chair and ashtray are still on his balcony]

I am favoring option one, but willing to admit that it could work in tandem with any of the other possibilities.

In any case, I am enjoying my smoke-free environment no matter how temporary it may be, especially since it has been so hot lately that I have to keep my balcony door open. However, I admit I was almost looking forward to what I assumed would be an awkward encounter worth sharing. Who knows, if option three is true I may still need to use the diplomatic solution I was working on. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment