Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Celebrity Tween Doppelganger Week

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving I received the following text message from my brother.

I didn't know you were in a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie in the 90's! Check out the first 5 minutes of "switching goals" on the netflix ;-)

Needless to say, I was intrigued. Immediately, two questions came to mind:
1) Was it a person who looks like 2010-me (possible time travel element) or 1990's-me?
2) Why was Dan watching Switching Goals?

I later learned that my mystery twin matched 1990's me, but I never figured out why he was watching a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie on his day off.

The next day when I went over to his house, he cued up the movie and paused it on this frame.

I nearly died laughing.

In case you didn't know me in the late 90's, this is what I looked like...


Sure her glasses are a little smaller, as mine should have been (cringe), and you have to picture me scowling a little to get the effect, but I would venture to say the likeness is striking. Let's take a closer look.

Man I was a looker. Those sunflower short-alls my mom made me definitely secured my reputation as a fashionista.

I digress.

But seriously, this is the first convincing me-doppelganger (celebrity or otherwise) I have seen. Now if some enthusiastic facebooker invents a "celebrity tween doppelganger week" I am all set.

On a related note, I left the movie running while I worked on this post. Guess who else I spotted...

That's right, the awkward and adorable late-90's-Michael Cera of Juno, Paper Heart and Arrested Development fame.

Hang on a second, did anyone else notice the irony in that my late-90's doppelganger appeared in a movie about twins?!?!?

*Note: I wrote this post over two weeks ago but I held off on posting it until I could find the exemplary photo at my parents house. I am relieved to finally share it!

1 comment: